1. Oklahoma quarterback Jalen Hurts: Stop me if you’ve heard this before, but the Sooners’ transfer quarterback looked dominant.
20/23332 Pass yds176 Rush yds (career high)6 Total TDJalen Hurts unleashed in his OU debut pic.twitter.com/5orpi3dFGG— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) September 2, 2019
2. Clemson running back Travis Etienne: He rushed for a career-high 205 yards last week and would have had more, except the end zone kept getting in the way.
3. Ohio State quarterback Justin Fields: We finally got to see what recruiting gurus have been touting for years. Now can he do it again against a tougher opponent (Cincinnati)?
4. Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa: His Week 1 passing efficiency (217.50) was 18 points better than what he put up over last season to break the NCAA record.
Alabama’s first touchdown of the season. Touchdown pass from Tua Tagovailoa to Miller Forristall pic.twitter.com/CG1T6u0fIs— Matt Zenitz (@mzenitz) August 31, 2019
5. Oklahoma State running back Chuba Hubbard: He rushed for 221 yards last week against Oregon State and could equal that against lowly McNeese this weekend.
#OklahomaState RB Chuba Hubbard with the juice on this 53-yard TD run. Now with 23 carries for 213 yards and 3 rush TDs averaging 9.3 yards per carry. Chuba, Chuba, Chuba, Chuba, Choo-Choo. The train is boarding #devy #CFF pic.twitter.com/FsPROZsBeC— Jason DiRienzo (@allpurposescout) August 31, 2019